Well, this just about sums up our winter!
Updated: Apr 23
During the months of February and March this year we had what was possibly the worst extended period of bad weather since I started thatching. We made good progress on the job initially, completing the first side in a little over two weeks. Then the storms came and we barely did a full week for about 5 weeks! We are starting to make headway now, and are just bringing the job home. However, it has been a tough one what with the Covid outbreak, so we're looking forward to a good summer so we can hopefully make some time up.
...and yes, we did put the sheet on during the hailstones!